Meet Lucca, a national power tumbler and one of Gymnastics Direct’s newest ambassadors. From doing a double back transition on rod floor to doing whip to double pike, it has been great watching his skills develop. Read through to get to know him.
1. What do you love about your sport?
I love power-tumbling as it is a very unique sport that takes lots of training to perfect. I love that the sport allows me to push myself to the limits, the feeling of getting new skills is probably one of the best feelings in the world. It has taught me how to be committed to something, determination and work ethic.
2. Where and how often do you train?
I train at Robertson’s gymnastics centre, and I train from 3-4 sessions a week.
3. What are your three main goals?
- Qualify for the Australian team for power tumbling
- To place at worlds
- To achieve a double back transition in my pass
4. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
My inspiration is @ethan_tumbler as a few years ago he completely snapped his leg and couldn’t compete or train for months. But he was determined to have a big come back, he trained so hard and he caught up again and then went on winning 3rd at worlds.
5. Name someone famous you’d like to meet in person and why.
I would like to meet the Dolan twins as they seem to be like lads to everyone, super chill, and successful. Would love to meet them so I can gain tips and tricks on being successful.
6. What are your favourite things in life?
Favourite things in life are how supportive my family is towards my tumbling. They are always at all my competitions, always checking my Instagram. They are super supportive of my tumbling.
Check out more of his awesome videos on Instagram @tumblinglucca!