Welcome to this week's Club Focus, where we turn the spotlight on Glitz Gymnastics Academy. In this blog, we'll take a closer look at what the club is doing to make a difference in its local gymnastics community in Lilydale, Victoria.
1. How did your club start?
I purchased an existing club in 2005 (Metro) and renamed the club Glitz Gymnastics Academy.
2. How many kids do you train and what skills?
Recreational kids - Kindergym to WAG 4 - approx 500
Competition kids - WAG 1 - WAG 6 - approx 40 kids
3. Do you have any special needs programs?
Not currently but we do have some special needs children and school groups that come in.
4. What’s your club’s vision statement?
Glitz Gymnastics Academy is a family run club aiming to provide fun, fitness, self confidence and learning for children and adults alike in a safe and fun environment. We aim to provide a strong club spirit and an invaluable service to the community.
5. What are some of the objectives of your program?
Improve gymnastic skills & abilities, develop confidence & self esteem, achieve fun & fitness in a continuous activity setting.
6. What are you most proud of with your club?
The longevity in our local community. It's so good to see our previous gymnasts bringing their children in!
7. Why do you think your club is important to families and your community?
We provide an alternate sporting activity and work with families to make sure our kids are getting the most out of their classes.
8. What piece of advice would you give to a gymnast/student?
Enjoy what you are doing and be open to learning new skills outside of your comfort zone!
Don't forget to check out their website or Instagram page @glitzgymnasticsacademy for more!